Nemaura Pharma, a private specialist biotech company who have developed several advanced skin drug delivery systems with clinical needs in mind, now have devices which are all minimally invasive and very cost-effective.
The future of vaccine delivery
Solid Dose Micro Injector Design
RGi have been working closely with Nemaura on the design and prototyping of Solid Dose Micro Injectors, developing designs that are intuitive and easy to use. Self-administration by sensitive or very young users requires design and product characteristics that are friendly and non-threatening. Given the nature of the patient profile, sensitive user centred design can be a very important factor in improving uptake and compliance. We know that good design can reduce anxiety, which in turn reduces negative feelings towards self-administration, however as well as dealing with matters of perception, Nemaura were looking for features that actually help to reduce both pain and crucially, the anticipation of pain.
RGi developed a contact surface that has an array of blunted triangular forms which help to distract and reduce the sensation of the needle prick. We also designed the single use mechanism components to be ultra low cost, to automatically inject at the correct force and speed, then to retract to remove risk of needle stick or secondary use.
- Walljam – ball sports technology business revolution
- Renfrew Group exhibiting at SEHTA’s 2021 International MedTech Expo & Conference
- An opportunity for collaboration with ‘The practical translation of leading research and innovation, directly into cancer care…
- The Technology Transforming Healthcare – Looking beyond Covid, what are the Societal and Economic drivers?
- KBS Korean Broadcasting Service visits Renfrew Group to look at design and innovation in the public sector