This event, delivered by Medilink Midlands and Charnwood Campus, will showcase Leicestershire’s unwavering entrepreneurial spirit that has led to the creation of 3,700 jobs across the life sciences sector since 2010 and continues to generate £900M of GVA per annum. Its aim is to showcase and celebrate the considerable contribution that the Leicestershire life sciences community makes to the UK’s wider success in the fields of medical and clinical research, innovation, health data, AI and digital health.
The life sciences sector strengthens every year through the continuous formation of strong and successful partnerships. The value of these collaborations was demonstrated during the pandemic, and entrepreneurs and facilitators within our region continue to accelerate innovation through the commercialisation of products and services. Life science innovation clusters such as Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park and the Charnwood Campus Science, Innovation and Technology Park play an integral role within the Leicestershire life sciences community. This network has expanded further still through the formation of the Leicester Precision Medicine Institute, the Leicester Life Sciences Translational Research Partnership, and via the recent funding awarded by the Life Science Innovative Manufacturing Fund to Kindeva for the development of green inhalers.
Leicestershire is certainly ‘one to watch’ as a key location within the UK for experts in economics, science and innovation, as well as springboarding entrepreneurs.
Attend this event to celebrate success stories from across the region, hear updates on new projects, and to network with like-minded businesses.
Confirmed presenters are:
– Gosia Khrais, Commercial and Marketing Director, Charnwood Campus
– Melanie Davidson, Chief Executive Officer, Medilink Midlands
– Professor Dean Fathers, Chair of the Midlands Engine Health Care and Life Science Board
– Christopher Grace, Head of Economic Development & Regeneration, Charnwood Borough Council
– Dr Arash Ghadar, Chief Operating Officer, Nemaura Medical
– Nadine Miles, Director of Market Development, Spirit Health Group
– Mike Phillips, Design Development Director, Renfrew Group International
– Katie Michaels, Founder, MotiMe
– Dr Adam Peall, Principal Scientist, Charnwood Molecular
– Paul Bennett, Innovation & Growth Specialist, Innovate UK EDGE
– Alison Mlot, Commercial Manager, East Midlands Academic Health Science Network
– Dr Lucy Alexander, Head of Business Development, Charnwood Campus
– Christian Kumar, Founder & Managing Director, Capital Kinetics (pre recorded presentation)
During the event there will be plenty of opportunities to network and visit the exhibition stands.