RGi worked with Oumou Barry to develop a novel switchable heel system, making one shoe suitable for many occasions.
Interchangeable heels – combining fashion and technology
Oumou Barry is a French shoe designer living in New York City. Her first company, Nouvel Ange Ltd., is a member of the British Footwear Association. The idea of an interchangeable shoe heel came to her when she was indecisive and bored with her shoes when dressing up for formal events but wasn’t ready to buy a new pair of shoes.
Oumou Barry has worked as a sales associate in the shoe department in Macys Herald Square for two years. Speaking fluent French, English, and Spanish, she was able to hear customer’s demands from all around the world.
“Women are looking for comfortable, affordable, stylish leather shoes.” said Oumou Barry.
Combining Fashion & Technology
With our interchangeable heel system, you can switch from a stiletto to a block heel for more support (and therefore less pain). “A chunky heel is better for your foot than a stiletto because it has a greater surface area to distribute your body weight across.” Dr. Sutera (podiatrist)
‘It takes time and effort to make dreams come true, and we would not have been able to achieve ours without our wonderful shoe designers, industrial designers, technicians, and countless others. And now, because of them, we would like to share with you the behind the scenes action of making our prototype.’
- MedTech Innovation Expo 28-29 September 2021
- Walljam – ball sports technology business revolution
- Renfrew Group exhibiting at SEHTA’s 2021 International MedTech Expo & Conference
- An opportunity for collaboration with ‘The practical translation of leading research and innovation, directly into cancer care…
- The Technology Transforming Healthcare – Looking beyond Covid, what are the Societal and Economic drivers?